Monday 20 December 2010

The Idan Raichel Project

Listening to quiet, calm and relaxing music should be an unmissable part of any mama day. So, here is my tip: The Idan Raichel Project.



I found it during a trip to Israel. I am not much seduced by typical souvenirs, you know, the T-shirt saying 'Jesus loves you' or 'I have been in Jerusalem'. So when I found a mini book/music store hidden in a coffee bar, I thought it was my chance to buy some Israelian music. The shop attendant recommended me a couple of CDs, fine with me.

To my surprise, I found out that there are two Spanish songs in the CD: "Todas las palabras", and "Cada día'.

Lyrics are simply a jewel to listen to:

"Todas las canciones, todas las palabras vienen y bailan
con el sonido que hace el viento cuando se acerca a tu boca y tu piel
mírame un instante, toca este silencio que ya se apaga
y abraza el aire que se vuelve cielo dentro de tu aliento y mi sed..."

"All song, all words, come and dance
With the sound the wind makes when approaching your mouth and your skin
Look at me for an instant touch this silence that is ending
And embrace the air turning into sky inside your breath and my thirst"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...