We are just back from holidays; one full week spent in the sunny Puerto de Santa María. It is the first time that we have gone with both Paul and Anna to the beach. Until now, Anna was too young for that. And usually, it is just too windy, or too sunny, or we are simply too busy to go. But that is what holidays are for!
Tips to go to the beach with small children:
- Go early in the morning or late in the afternoon to prevent them from burning. And honestly, specially early in the morning, the beach tends to be emptier, so it is easier to keep an eye on them
- Do not stay long; specially with very little ones, and bring a beach umbrella, if possible
- Remember to use a lot of sun lotion, with SPF 50. There are special ones for children, some are water and sand resistant. Paul really likes to put the suncream himself, I guess all children would like it if you make a game out of it
- Make use of the sand as a huge playground for the little ones, plenty of space to crawl and to practice how to walk
- Not much toys are required, a bucket and a shovel are more than enough. The sea, the waves and the sand are the most interesting features!