Sunday 20 May 2012

Fruits - Learning vocabulary

Paul is learning lots of new vocabulary in English since he started school; which is great! I was worried, though, that he is missing learning new vocabulary in Spanish, specially regarding things we do not have here in Rwanda. What about melons? We never eat them here!

I went to look for some pictures in internet to color; I took the resource website from the Catalan government EDU365.cat; there are quite some nice pictures to be downloaded here. I printed them in an A4, and we colored them together. Then I took an A3 and we glued them and put the names. Paul still wanted to re-draw the fruits himself; which made it look a bit nicer. See the result below! 

Now the poster hangs in his playing room, and is a good reminder as well to talk about some basic vocabulary in Spanish. I am planning to do the same with the names of vegetables, winter clothes, etc, I keep you posted!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Laura, nice article, we're also busy with the kids, doing all sort of things (now we have 3) and we hear that you're on the same path ;-) We also have a blog www.outnumbered.be

Read you and hopefully keep in touch
Angela

My Mama Day said...

Hi!

Nice blog! I will add a link into my "Links for inspiration". Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I bought a real good watermelon the other day in Nyamirambo! Never looked for other melons though. xxxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...