Tuesday 11 May 2010

Crochet blanket

Some things look so familiar to me that I do not even think what is special about them.

Last Easter I was paying attention to a particular blanket from my grandma. I have seen it for ages, but I never considered how it was made. Well, my grandma made it using crochet, she told me. Recycling is for her as common as breathing, so around 20 years ago, she noticed that she had some wool left-overs and she made the blanket below.



I got totally curious about it. But, you guess, after we made an appointment to discuss the whole process and to make a first go, she confessed that she did not remember anymore how to do it.

Luckily, there are fellow bloggers with crochet as a passion. I finally got the pattern!



So, the beautyful "flower" above is called a granny square; now I know. And I got some blue and green wool; so guess what is my next project?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...